The Association participated in a Complaints Handling Thematic Study carried out by the Scottish Housing Regulator in 2016 and the feedback report was published in 2017.
The study looked at:
· How social landlords promote their complaints procedures;
· How easy it is for service users to make a complaint;
· How complaints are monitored; and
· What lessons are learned from complaints to improve services
The following methods were used in assessing how well the Association deals with complaints:
· Review of national performance information
· Telephone interviews
· Review of the Associations website
· Tenant assessors: Mystery Shoppers
· Analysis of supporting information supplied by us
The Scottish Housing Regulator (SHR) feedback was positive and the overall feedback was:
The Association is very good at promoting, assessing and handling complaints and had we received a higher level of complaints, we would be referenced in the Good Practice sections of the report.